Monday, August 11, 2008

USA! USA! USA!

Ok, is it just me, or is everyone else yelling at their TVs? Last night had to be the best race EVER! Ryan and I were on the edge of our seats the whole time...and jumped off the couch when Lezak touched the wall first. HELLO! I know I'm no swimmer, so I can only imagine how pumped people who really follow swimming outside the Olympics were. There are only a few sports I really like to follow in the Olympics --swimming, volleyball, gymnastics, and short distance running. They're so fast paced and I love watching records get shattered.
I think I've cried at least a dozen times since the games started. Ever since living in Germany and since Ryan was in Iraq, I can never hear the national anthem without crying. It stirs a huge emotion of pride in my heart and I just can't hold it in. I love the Olympics because these men and women athletes are inspiring. As representatives of the US, they make me so proud to watch them. I might otherwise be really embarrassed to yell at the TV, but it is so fun to get in to the races and competition. So, til they end-
USA! USA! USA!!

4 comments:

The Dixon Family said...

Yes. The best race ever. And I get teary when the National Anthem is played too. I can't help it. I think my goosebumps had goosebumps last night.

Stephanie said...

That's so funny...we were totally yelling at our TV and high fiving each other, etc. after that awesome race. Just to see those Frenchies eat there words...they deserved it. I love the Olympics!

Unknown said...

You are so cute Anna. I wish I could see you JUMP off the couch and yell! I can't wait till your kids play sports. :0) You will be one of those embarrassing moms like I am and yell your heart out for your kids! You are a doll. I love you.

Kristen Taylor said...

I was so dang excited!! However, I had a sleeping Ryan in my arms so I had to yell in a whisper and bounce up and down with my toes...LOL! It was a great race and I just love the Olympics! Go USA!!