Sunday, October 25, 2009

I love the Institute Choir


This is how much I love the Institute Choir, and really, the choir director, Rebecca Pugmire. In a moment of complete flakiness I forgot about an extra rehearsal we had scheduled and totally blew it off.

I've been watching a lot of "Cake Boss" lately. I consider myself an artist, just not a cake artist. But the cake artists on "Cake Boss" are phenomenal. And they didn't all start out with sugary products. So I made a cake for our rehearsal this last week after being inspired by the latest episode. I'm not sure I was completely forgiven, but I think it helped.

And I would like to put in a plug for our concerts coming up in November. If you have never had the pleasure of hearing a choir directed by Rebecca, you are missing out. She is extraordinarily talented. She makes ordinary people sound like a heavenly chorus. She brings out the best sounds in each person. And the end product is fabulous. I love playing for her. I just hope I'm not too much of a floozy to keep her from asking me to play for her again. 

No comments: