Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Monica lost her first tooth!

On March 1, 2012 Miss Monica lost her very first tooth! It was about time, too, with her replacement shark teeth already fully emerged behind the front two teeth. I had told her to wiggle her tooth and watch "Spongebob" for a while. A few minutes later she said, "Mom, I think my tooth is ready to come out." It didn't look any different to me so I sent her back to watch cartoons and get wiggling. After she wiggled it again she came back very excited and said, "Look, Mom!" It was laying down, bleeding against her gums!

With Ryan in California, I had to get over my loose tooth heebie jeebies and step up to the plate. But first I had to be sure I was needed. I told her to try pulling it first. She yanked it and it didn't come out. I had her bring me a tissue and gave it a little twist as I pulled and it came right out! Whatever jolt of pain she initially felt was immediately replaced with overflowing excitement. She was jubilant, ecstatic, and whatever other happy superlative might be appropriate here. I thought she would not be able to contain herself and then all at once she got this look in her eyes of sudden realization and announced, "I want to go to bed so the tooth fairy can come. Can I? Please?"

I've never been one to say no to a child requesting bedtime, but the tooth fairy informed me she needed to go get cash. So my friend, Cynta, came over and read to the girls so I could take the tooth fairy to Walgreens. I told her instead of candy, that I'd like Monica to have a cool new toothbrush. So she went all out and got her a "decorate your own" handy dandy spinning toothbrush.

The next morning was awesome. Monica came running in to my room with her cheers of what she was given from the tooth fairy already out of her mouth before she even reached my room. If you've been to my house, you know what a feat that is. The hallway is tiny and our rooms are very close. Monica was EXCITED. And it was so much fun to watch her!







No comments: