Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Mesilla Valley Pumpkin Patch 2010

It's a small world, after all.
It's a small world after all.
It's a small world after all,
It's a small, small world.

It's an even smaller world in the military. When we first made the decision to check out NMSU, we were so focused on Ryan's career goal that it took a few days to realize one major perk of moving down here. But once realized, it helped me keep my motivation to get the house in ABQ cleaned and packed. And that is that just 45 minutes away, stationed at Ft. Bliss in El Paso, TX are three families we met while stationed in Baumholder, Germany! Lesa and I did everything together. Jeaneice was our friend and confidante who shared her wisdom, optimism, and love of Polish pottery with us. And Cristine we got to know through our mutual friend Monica McBride. She had her daughter Anya about 6 weeks before I had Monica, and about 6 weeks later, Monica had Alexis. Our second babies are all lined up pretty nicely too!

So what are all these ladies to do within such a short distance of each other? Why, meet up at the pumpkin patch, of course! It was a great little reunion and so fun to see all the kiddos playing together. It was also really fun for Ryan and I to see Ryan and Ciana. Ryan Horton was one of Ryan's young men when he was YM President and Ciana Horton was one of my beehives when I was the YW President. So to hang out with them again was a real treat!








 There were these cool, 15-20 foot slides that you could ride down on burlap sacks.
Monica slipped and fell and I didn't realize til later when Lesa pointed it out, that I caught her mid-fall! 




 Cristine, Eric and Anya
 Ciana, Ryan, Michael, Marah, Jeaneice, and James
Doug, Ashlynne, Lesa, Isaac, and Chase

2 comments:

Cristine said...

Great pics! I had such a great time hanging out with you all!

The McBride Family said...

Your girls are absolutely ADORABLE Anna!!! I am so jealous of all of you. I LOVE Ft. Benning but how fun (and SO crazy!) that you are all together again!!! And thanks for making me feel special just getting mentioned in your blog! HEEHEE! Love all the pics. Oh and I LOVE the girls bows! :)