Sunday, February 7, 2010

New Toys

For my birthday, and the next few major holidays, Ryan got me a camera I have been eyeing for quite a while! So yesterday I started playing with it and found some pictures I really liked!
These were my two favorites of Leah yesterday.
These were my two faves of Monica yesterday.
The cat makes a surprisingly good subject to practice on, so out of the 50, these are my two faves of the cat!
I was playing with the aperture on this one.
I think it turned out pretty good.

Then this morning I had fun shooting the girls before church.
I loved the succession of Leah's facial expressions!


I was still trying to figure out the focus on the manual setting, just so I knew how to do it.
When they were bigger than the thumbnail on the camera screen, most of the ones of Monica were blurry enough to hurt my eyes a little or she had squinty eyes if they were in focus. I caught this one though, and thought it was so expressive.
After watching the Super Bowl, I showed off my new toy and thought I'd try getting some more practice after some advice from Dad.
Like mother, like daughter...
In beauty, that is!
I thought it was funny that I had just caught Julie digging for gold and then Emily pretended to when I pointed the camera at her.
Monica loves to ham it up!

Finally, out of nearly 300 pictures, these next two are my absolute favorites!


My little beauties!

3 comments:

Cristine said...

Love them! Especially those last two... gorgeous!

Ingelheim Five said...

Wow, Anna, you guys have beautiful girls! No pressure for #3 though! :o) PS. Love Ryan's 'working on the car hands' petting the kitty. Cute.

ChristyLou said...

Your girls are GORGEOUS!! Those last two really are fabulous. What fun times with your new "toy."