Monday, December 20, 2010

Picture Overload

Something that is quickly becoming a favorite hobby of mine is taking pictures. It helps that I have some very willing subjects. But one thing that I absolutely love is when we have a photo op and so many pictures turn out well. How do you choose your favorites to represent the whole batch? Especially when they are of the people you love the most? I decided you can't. At least I can't. So here are my favorites of Sunday's photo op.


























Jillian is now three weeks old and growing like a weed. When we brought her home she weighed 6 lbs. 9 oz. At her two week appointment she weighed 7 lbs. 10 oz. Her first couple of weeks we thought she might be a tiny bit colicky. No. No colic. Just my diet. She has been a new baby since I laid off the caffeinated sodas and anything remotely spicy. It's a bland diet, but it is really worth it. I had forgotten how many foods tear up a newborn tummy. So, no more red or green chile for a while. The happy baby I have in return is wonderful. Now she only really fusses when she is tired, hungry, or dirty. Much better than the cranky-anytime-she-was-awake fussing!

Leah and Monica love their baby sister! Leah calls Jillian "my baby". "Mom, I hold my baby?" "My baby wake up!" "Here's my baby's diaper." Monica is protective and does her best to keep Leah from getting too hands on with her. Last week when I was taking a final, I heard Monica all of a sudden yell, "No, Leah! Leave the baby alone!" To which Leah yelled back, "Never!" Laughter and love abound in our house for sure!

5 comments:

The McBride Family said...

Oh that newborn nursing diet is SOOO hard!!!!!! I remember I had a diet coke when Alexis was about 6 weeks old and oh did I regret it when she was up all night! YOur girls are beautiful Anna. They sound like such sweet sisters. I also love the Santa pics. That was Alexis last year. I didn't even get a pic wiht Santa and Lex b/c she got so shy even though she talked and talked about. Hope you guys have a wonderful Christmas!

Unknown said...

Anna bannnah I love them you are a natural... You need to do something with all those pics .... Preserve them www.keepsakemyfamily.com HINT HINT.... I need to call you back we have lots to chat about...

Price Family Adventures!!! said...

You have the most beautiful daughters. You are really good at taking beautiful picture too.
Merry Christmas!!!!

Stephanie said...

They are so beautiful. I'm so happy for you.

Cristine said...

Precious pictures!!! Your girls are gorgeous! Glad to hear Jillian is doing well and that your new diet is helping her! :)