Saturday, November 22, 2008

Read It, Saw It, LOVED IT!




Last night I saw "Twilight" with Ryan, Matt, Elisha, and Elisha's sister, Sam, and absolutely LOVED it! I have to admit, I was already prepared for the film-making to not be utterly fantastic. I spent Thursday night reading up on all the reviews. But I think you just have to keep an open mind. I realized after the third Harry Potter movie, that if I wanted to enjoy a movie based on a book I loved, I had to accept that it would not be accurate. They can't include everything. And half the time conversations in the book get lumped together.

So I went with an open mind. I went with very low accuracy expectations and I was very pleasantly surprised! The chemistry between Edward and Bella was there, and for a movie, that's really all I care about! I LOVED the baseball scene. The movie got knocked for their computer graphics, but I thought that part rocked! I liked most of the casting decisions. And I think it said something that Ryan and Matt enjoyed it.

My favorite line was not in the book, but it's still my favorite. "Your mood swings are giving me whiplash." HAHAHA! Loved it.

So, in short...I cannot wait for it to get to the dollar theater. Ryan said he would take me to see it again! Isn't he the best?! I think it is worth it to see it in the big theater. Anyone looking for a starcrossed lovers romance --seriously-- watch this movie!




P.S. I ought to point out that Sam didn't get the fangs for the movie. They were leftover in her purse from Halloween.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

I also saw Twilight this weekend! I'm like you, if I go see a movie based on a book I love I must remember that things will not always be accurate. I liked the baseball scene and the Cullens house. They were just how I pictured them! Also, I loved Edward. I thought he did such a great job!